Per-Scent have a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join the Buying team in hitting key margin and stock targets through working closely with exciting brands and fast moving traders. We are seeking a candidate with previous experience working in a fast paced, Head Office environment, preferably for an FMCG organisation. You should have excellent organisation and communication skills; written and verbal, with excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to deadlines.
* Produce regular buying plans and provide summary analysis for purchase decisions to senior management.
* Manage full stock purchase programs with suppliers and ensure all customer stock requirements are fulfilled.
* On a weekly basis analyse sales and stock requirements and monitor stock forecasts with suppliers
* Regularly meet with sales team to capture ongoing purchasing requirements.
* Place purchases orders with suppliers and ensure all items are supplied.
* Monitor and produce monthly forecasts by product line after understanding sell thru’ and stock holding.
* Ensure product margins and gross profits are met and report on progress on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Ensure all sales plans are reviewed regularly and report purchase issues that impact sales revenues and margins.
* Take charge of the full buying process to ensure purchase transactions made by the buying team comply to company policy.
* Work closely with brand owners to explore new opportunities and establish timely purchase forecasts to meet revenue targets.
* Work with 'Category Managers’ to review customer sales, stock, etc. through their trackers to ensure in stock level meets their KPI requirements.
* Monitor inventory KPIs regularly to ensure stock turn meets company targets through introduction of stock segmentation and categorisation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a buying/merchandising related role and from a trading background.
* Good excel experience essential and the ability to understand key performance indicator (KPIs).
* Degree qualified is preferable.
* Stock analysis and stock forecasting experience.
* Excellent negotiation skills with suppliers at different levels.
* Having a second language would be advantageous but not essential.
You can expect to join a team who work hard to achieve results and are focused to deliver a great customer experience and you should expect to be an integral part of the team’s success. You can expect a competitive salary, along with flexible working options including duvet days. In addition, we also offer generous staff discount and an employee assistance programme.