Regulatory & Compliance Technologist
Per-Scent is a global distributor of leading fragrances. We are going through an exciting period of product development and as a result, we’re looking for a talented Regulatory and Compliance Technologist to join the team and to help deliver our expanding and market leading product range. There has never been a better time to join us.
This role is very fast paced and being located within a vibrant product focused office it will require regular communication with numerous different internal departments on a daily basis.
If you’re looking for a challenging yet rewarding role where no two days are the same and you have excellent time management and organisation skills, with a background in the beauty industry, then this role will be of significant interest to you.
- Create and contribute to the regulatory strategy for new products and changes to existing products.
- Create and review all NPD pack copies intended for sale in global markets (UK, EU, USA, Australia, China and South Africa).
- Monitoring the regulatory changes in various territories where products are sold, notifying the Company of any relevant changes and implementing changes as appropriate.
- Ensuring all NPD and EPD are compliant for cruelty free, vegan, sustainability and performance claims.
- Formulation review (INCI lists, Raw materials and IFRA compliance).
- Arrange external stability and microbiological testing for NPD.
- Reviewing product Test Reports e.g. Stability, Challenge test reports, SDSs, COAs, Allergen analysis, REACH.
- Collaborating with external Safety Assessors to create cosmetic safety reports (CPSRs)
- Creating Product Information Files (PIFs).
- Processing the relevant country-specific documentation and notifications (including CPNP and SCPN) to support the release of the product on to the market.
- Liaising with customers where queries and complaints have been reported directly or via authorities.
- Building a professional network with testing houses, regulatory bodies, suppliers and manufactures.
- The role will require working in conjunction with the NPD and Marketing teams.
What we’re looking for:
- BSc Cosmetic/Pharmaceutical Science degree or equivalent in a relevant technical subject, with experience within the cosmetics industry either through previous roles or completing the SCS Diploma – Distance Learning Course.
- Previous experience within Regulation and Compliance sector of the beauty industry.
- Great awareness of upcoming changes in the industry.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extremely organised with the ability to work to specific timescales and work efficiently under pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong skills working with Microsoft programmes such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What you can expect:
By joining Per-Scent at this exciting period of growth you will benefit from working in a new state of the art Head Office in Trafford Park, with an on-site gym. We are located near the newly completed Metrolink tram extension linking Manchester City Centre to the Trafford Centre, so a doddle for public transport. We also offer generous staff discount so you can always smell nice. Our annual leave increases with length of service plus we also offer duvet days (after probation) so if you fancy a day with your duvet, it’s not a problem. On top of this, we have an employee assistance programme with free confidential counselling services and shopping discounts with other retailers.