Per-Scent is a global distributor of leading fragrances. We are going through an exciting period of product development and as a result, we’re looking for a talented New Product Development (NPD) Manager to join the team and to help deliver our expanding and market leading product range. There has never been a better time to join us.
This role is very fast paced and being located within a vibrant product focused office, it will require regular communication with numerous different internal departments on a daily basis all under the FQ roof.
If you’re looking for a challenging yet rewarding role where no two days are the same and you have excellent time management and organisation skills, with a background in the beauty industry, then this role will be of significant interest to you.
Per-Scent is looking for a skilled, ultra-organised and experienced NPD Manager to join the team, reporting into Senior NPD Manager and Brand Director.
The ideal candidate will have excellent project management and administrative skills, be able to assist with carrying out competitive analysis and research, cost analysis, product briefing and sample tracking.
* Responsible for the product pipeline and managing the delivery of innovative and profitable NPD and EPD
* Researching and keeping up to date with competitor and innovation trends and exploring new ways to develop formulas.
* Managing the product development process from the concept, brief writing & approval.
* Working cross functionally with several departments to develop new product concepts, formulas and packaging.
* Briefing suppliers on formulas and modifications through to final formulas.
* Sourcing packaging and tooling where necessary.
* Negotiating with suppliers in order to optimise costs while maintaining product quality and performance.
* Assisting with sourcing and developing supplier base.
* Working on packaging design and concept development and reviewing all artworks pre-production.
* Working with regulatory team on claims development and testing.
* Create and maintain detailed project documentation, including project plans, reports, status updates and sample tracking.
What we’re looking for:
* Degree in a relevant field, preferably in fragrance/cosmetics or a related discipline.
* Proven experience in product development or a related role, with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
* Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Extremely organised with the ability to work to specific timescales and work efficiently under pressure.
* Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
* Strong skills working with Microsoft programmes such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What you can expect:
By joining Per-Scent at this exciting period of growth you will benefit from working in a new state of the art Head Office in Trafford Park, with an on-site gym. We are located near the newly completed Metrolink tram extension linking Manchester City Centre to the Trafford Centre, so a doddle for public transport. We also offer generous staff discount so you can always smell nice. Our annual leave increases with length of service plus we also offer duvet days (after probation) so if you fancy a day with your duvet, it’s not a problem. On top of this, we have an employee assistance programme with free confidential counselling services and shopping discounts with other retailers.