We are looking for an ambitious Management Accountant to join our existing first-class Finance team, reporting directly to the Finance Manager.
You will be involved in the preparation of monthly management accounts alongside getting exposure to departmental and wider business projects.
This requires a person who is natural at building relationships and can fit into current accounting processes. You will be a candidate who is self-motivated, conscientious and able to work under your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
If you are interested in the opportunity of joining a fast paced, challenging, yet rewarding company where no two days are the same, then read on‿
* Responsible for the production of monthly management accounts.
* Ensure all month end cost journals are calculated and processed accurately and on a timely basis for key account lines in the P&L.
* Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis, investigate and resolve any variances on a timely basis.
* Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
* Develop strong working relationships with all areas of the business.
* Assist in year-end audit
* Adhere to reporting deadlines.
* Assist with departmental and wider business projects
- Strong qualified accountant already or newly qualified (ACCA /ACA/ CIMA).
- Experience of working within a Retail/Wholesale or FMCG related business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all outputs.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Proactive and resilient self-starter, a team player, passionate and motivated with the ability to inspire others around them
A bit about the company
As the UK’s leading independent fragrance retailer our vision is to be the first destination for fragrance. Passionate about our customers, we’re a fast moving, dynamic business with ambitious growth plans and our BI & data team will be integral to supporting this.
These plans will see us increasing our brand & stores portfolio whilst also expanding into international markets. We have our sights on expanding our beauty offering, building upon our already successful fragrance subscription service, and growing our TFS Membership scheme.
We have now moved into our new state of the art Head Office in Trafford Park with on-site gym. We are located near the newly completed Metrolink tram extension linking Manchester City Centre to the Trafford Centre.
There has never been a better time to join us and help accelerate our future success.
We offer very competitive salaries, annual leave which increases with length of service along with flexible working hours and duvet days.
In addition, we further offer generous staff discount and other retailing discounts, free car parking and an employee assistance programme.