The Fragrance Shop, the UK’s leading Independent Fragrance retailer is now recruiting for a Legal Director to join the team located at our Head office in Trafford Park, Manchester to support both The Fragrance Shop and Per-Scent. Working with all teams across the 2 Groups you will assist on a variety of legal matters including overseeing the review, drafting and negotiation of a variety of commercial contracts, managing litigation and commercial dispute resolution, managing legal risk, maintenance of customer policies and terms and conditions plus advising across a range of areas including but not limited to commercial, advertising, marketing, privacy and data protection and intellectual property. You will also be involved in supporting our Property Director where appropriate and relevant with legal matters relating to our property portfolio.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging yet rewarding role where no two days are the same and a role where you will be responsible for all legal matters, then this role will be of interest to you.
With the amount of applications expected for this advertised position, we will only be able to proceed forward with candidates who match our essential requirements stated below:
* Qualified solicitor with a current practising certificate with relevant post qualification experience working at a senior level.
* Solid experience within commercial and dispute resolution (demonstrable ability to run and defend claims with and achieve the optimum commercial outcome).
* Positive and enthusiastic and be able to communicate legal issues in a straightforward way
* Robust and an effective influencer on the senior team.
* Commercial and flexible in your approach and used to working in a fast-paced environment.
* Capable of effectively managing and prioritising a large and variable workload.
* You will be responsible for keeping up to date on new areas of law, advising the CEO and Directors accordingly and acquire new skills as needed.
* Experience In private practice and in-house environment.
* Previous retail experience (desirable but not a necessity).
* Ensure that the company remains legally compliant while maintaining the commercial interests of the Company.
* Oversight of the reviewing, drafting and negotiation of a variety of commercial contracts including supplier agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements and consumer facing terms and conditions.
* Ensuring commercial contracts comply with applicable legal requirements and company policies.
* Manage dispute resolution and litigation and represent the Company in court as and when necessary to ensure commercially sound and cost-effective outcomes.
* Drafting and maintaining internal and customer facing policies, terms and conditions and precedent documents as and when required.
* Protecting and enforcing the Group’s intellectual property rights.
* Researching and maintaining awareness of legal requirements for the Group in a range of areas such as data protection, IP, advertising, employment, regulatory and corporate governance.
* Advise internally across the Group on commercial, advertising and marketing, IP, privacy and data protection, B2C and ad-hoc legal queries in relation to risk.
* Creating guidance and training materials for the other teams in the business.
What you can expect:
Working at the UK’s largest independent Fragrance retailer you will get to work for a company who prides itself on outstanding customer service and delivering fragrance and beauty products in a manner which best meets our customer needs.
You can expect to join a team who work hard to achieve results and are focused to ensure a great customer experience. We offer very competitive salaries, along with flexible working options, early finishes on Fridays and duvet days. In addition, we further offer generous staff discount and an employee assistance programme.