The Fragrance Shop, The UK’s leading Independent Retailer is now recruiting for an Executive Assistant to the CEO. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a highly successful expanding entrepreneurial business providing outstanding support to the CEO, Sanjay Vadera MBE. This role will be based in our brand new state of the art offices in Manchester, reporting into the Executive Assistant who is based in London.
Good Executive Assistants understand, in detail, their boss's numerous tasks. A great EA understands how these tasks fit into the overall scope of the business and can communicate with anyone from senior executives to brand partners, in all areas of his or her CEO’s work. Can you become the expert in communication that we are looking for?
* Diary Management - internal & external.
* Managing the operation in synergy with the CEO; filtering emails, eliminating distractions, pre-empting information requests.
* Space management (CEO’s office and own office) – effectively managing the workspace i.e. keeping a clean and organised office, appropriately handling all paperwork, maintaining control over the physical environment.
* Managing properties.
* Managing fleet of cars.
* Optimising travel schedules.
* Arranging family travel / accommodation.
* Business Expenses - managing financial elements within the business.
* Interacting professionally with clients and associates.
* Proactive – always thinking ahead.
* Efficient – actions tasks when asked, and shows the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, without loss of composure.
* Available out of hours (although minimal)
* Extremely professional, whilst possessing a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
* Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.
* Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary.
* Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
Learning and understanding the business and Sanjay is critical. Engagement with people must be one of your core strengths; the ability to nurture, care, make sure all the soft facets are covered; the refreshments, the right food, the exercise is programmed in, the health checks, in fact, all the aspects that retain Sanjay in the business, working at peak performance.
*Expertise Match: *
* Experience or a strong willingness to provide support to a CEO/MD is essential.
* Work experience within retail or wholesale is desirable.
* Work experience within an entrepreneurial/family business is desirable.
* Degree level education or equivalent is desirable.
* Minute taking and excellent typing ability is essential.
* Fully conversant with Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
* Time management – determines the appropriate allocation of time.
Listening* – understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills.
Verbal* – speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood.
Written* – produces well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors.
Telephone/Email* – uses high quality, professional oral and written skills (as described above) to project a positive image of the business. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
* Demonstrates advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.