As part of a multi-channel retail business with ambitious growth plans, you will work alongside the buying and merchandising team to ensure smooth running of the department. Experience as a Buyer/Junior buyer is essential.
- Develop the fragrance category strategy in line with our customer values.
- Continue to identity brands to add to the new brand pipeline, from selection through to go live.
- Own the Product costing process to ensure company margin plan is achieved.
- Create annual business plans with the brands, in conjunction with the Trade Partnership teams to drive strong and relevant brand SOV.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, E-Commerce & Retail to agree compelling and innovative trade plans in order to drive market share growth.
- You will also handle complex negotiations and to set / manage budgets to deliver sales against target.
- Collecting and analysing data to help predict trends and forecast sales figures.
- Researching new markets, products.
- Identifying quality standards and ensuring that all products meet those standards.
- Negotiating with suppliers to agree prices, quantities, delivery schedules and exclusivity deals.
- Delivering reports on sales data, marketing activity and other metrics to the senior management team and other stakeholders.
- Conducting competitor research.
- Adapting product offering based on customer feedback and behaviour.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Creative thinker with a passion for fragrances, flavours, and consumer products, coupled with a proven track record in developing and implementing plans and strategies for substantial business growth.
- Strong background in sales, business development, and account management; committed to supporting transformation processes that will increase the win rate and promote creative solutions.
- Possess strong analytical and decision-making skills as well as understands cultural differences.
- You will have Health & Beauty Trading / Buying experience in a Multi-channel retail environment.
- Demonstrable track record of success in delivering a profitable and innovative product range.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Genuine team player at all levels.
- Customer focus.
- Solid business acumen.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Experience of FMCG range management.
- Numerate & analytical.
- Good communicator skills.
- Knowledge of the beauty industry.
- Confident communication skills
What to expect:
Working at the UK’s largest independent Fragrance retailer you will get to work for a company who prides itself on outstanding customer service and delivering fragrance and beauty products in a manner which best meets our customer needs.
You can expect to join a team who work hard to achieve results and are focused to ensure a great customer experience. We offer very competitive salaries, along with flexible working options, early finishes on Fridays and duvet days. In addition, we further offer generous staff discount and an employee assistance programme.